Thaksin offers to quit

TroyinEwa/Perv

Man....I must be bored. More posts in 2 days than probably in the last 2 years.

"Embarrassed" Thaksin offers to leave Man City

(BangkokPost.com) - Deposed prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra has offered to step down from the board of Manchester City Football Club, according to clubâ??s executive chairman Gary Cook.

Mr Thaksin and his wife, Khunying Potjaman, skipped bail and flew from Beijing to London on August 11 after attending the opening of the Olympic Games. The court then issued warrant for their arrests and also seized bail totaling 13 million baht on the same day.

â??Doctor Thaksin has been really open about this,â? according to Mr Cook's comments quoted in the British press.

â??The man is embarrassed about the indignity brought on the club and on the league. He never intended for this to be the case,â? he revealed.

"He has said to me: 'If you need me to resign as a director to serve the needs of the Premier League, I'm fine with that as long as it doesn't change anything else.'"

"We're talking about a lot of things. We've talked about restructuring the board and selling part of his stake to an equity partner, who could come in and take some of the pressure away," he added.

Mr Cook said security experts advised the ousted premier not to attend the home games of Manchester City during this period.

Link

Archived