How are Bangkok's prices for Walkman/ MP3 Players??

Savittre

Hi Sav,

I think you are looking for portable equipment so this probably won't be any help to you.But I picked up a great MP3,CVD,VCD,CD and Karaoke player at Mah Boon Krong in May for US$100.

Cheers Hall

[ July 18, 2001: Message edited by: hall ]

Thanks for the reply, Hall. You got a good deal! I'll take time to look in MBK's electronics shops. Other people tell me Bangkok's expensive, compared to North America, though.

BTW, what is a CVD player??? It's real work, just keeping up with all this new s***!! laugh.gif" border="0

Expensive compared to North america. The other problem is the amount of copies. I bought a sony cd player for 2000 bhat in jan. It lasted 10 days and is now in the garbage. A friend also bought a walkman which ate 2 tapes before he ditched it.

Do not buy them here. Especially do not buy them at MBK

I now have a combination MP3/CD Player. It looks like a regular portable CD audio Discman, but it'll play MP3's as well, so I can just pop in my CD-R full of MP3's and listen.

In Canada, I paid 3450 Baht for it, tax included. It's a Genica. Just what I needed! tongue.gif" border="0

In 12 years of being in Bangkok, I've gone through about 7 walkmans. I don't know what's wrong but the quality seems to be very poor.

If you're going to buy one, buy an expensive one.

Walkmans and the like are cheaper in Thailand than in my part of the world (Aust / NZ) but as Phil says, it is best to spend a bit more and get a good one. A lot of the units are actually copied - yes, it may say Sony on it but it is not the genu9ine article. Anything too cheap may well be a copy. I'll give the vendors at MBK one thing in that they are fairly open about whether something is in fact a copy or not.

Archived