English text books

Hi Blackcat,

Best place to buy language books like you mention is the Media Language Bookshop in Siam Square, behind Centrepoint (near Santa's fast food).

Ask for a 10% discount if you have a school business card.

Phil

Is DK Books still operating their shop at Makkasan?

I need to by some ESL readers for a friend. I've been out of the ESL scene for a while and the last I heard they were relocating to a new DK superstore somewhere.

DK at Makassan would be more convenient for me but if it's no longer there I'll go to Siam.

Thanks

Arai wa

Arai Wa

Not sure if DK is still there - it must be 18 months since I was in that shop but it certainly had a very good selection of English textbooks.

Hi Blackcat

To get to DK at Makkasan;

From the World Trade Centre, head north rowards the Petchburi Road junction. Go straight ahead here onto Ratchaprarop road. You will pass sub-sois on the left hand side leading to the Indra Hotel and the Baiyoke Tower Hotel. A little further on from Baiyoke, you will see a "T" junction with Makkasan Road joining on the right. There are some railway lines crossing Ratchaprarop Road here. Just beyond the railway crossing, on the left, is a small soi. DK are about 60 metres into this soi on the left.

From WTC it's about a 20 minute leisurely walk or 3 minutes on a motorcycle taxi.

If you have a school id or business card, they will give you a 10% discount.

Hope this helps.

Happy shopping.

Arai wa

Archived