Rudd Cuts Interest Rates: First Time in Seven Years

Julian2

Actually Rudd did not cut interest rates and the Rudd government did not cut the oil price.

Interest rates are determined by the Reserve Bank of Australia, a panel independent of the Australian government.

And Light sweet crude is traded on NYMEX again something of which Mr Rudd has nil control over.

Good Government, good economic management.

Australians had forgotten what it meant.

Palease....

Rudd shoud be showing grattitude to the Howard gov't, in particular Peter Costello. The economy we have here today is basicly a product of Costellos hard work and abilities.

FAussie...

Music to my ears... :bow::bow::bow::bow::neener:

Rudd Government cuts Fuel Prices.

Light, sweet crude for October delivery fell $7.73 to $107.73 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange, after earlier dropping as low as $105.46. The last time prices hovered in that range was in early April before a historic run-up above $147 per barrel. Earlier in the session prices had dropped as low as $105.46.

Torneyboy Found Floating in Harbor

When is Ruddies fuel watch going to show me a saving at the pump.......a month or so ..why not faster :p

As a concerned citizen you should be taking the bus anyway Torneyboy.

The point of my OP was to show that a government claiming credit for bank rates and oil prices is a silly as Howard and Costello were claiming credit for the economy boom when it was 100% due to the rise in international commodity prices.

If the price of copper dropped back to $2 a kilo what would happen to the boom? It wouldn't stop the Libs screaming about bad money management though.

As a concerned citizen you should be taking the bus anyway Torneyboy.

The point of my OP was to show that a government claiming credit for bank rates and oil prices is a silly as Howard and Costello were claiming credit for the economy boom when it was 100% due to the rise in international commodity prices.

If the price of copper dropped back to $2 a kilo what would happen to the boom? It wouldn't stop the Libs screaming about bad money management though.

J2...errr TB will never get any point...looks like he's go a friend now.

Archived