City, back in the real world.

radioman

[color:black]Mods: Move to where relevant if not here. Ta.

Not sure, is this sport, or news, or maybe BoardBar?!?! who knows, anyway.

I'm sat in the hotel Exec lounge, several down in the gin bottle and well attended by the cutest Chinese sweetheart you ever did see, all slim and demure, keeps making me think what she looks like naked with her hair down, fark!!! (Hang on this aint NL, and Frede is hardly likely to be reading this so no point heading for a discussion on splooge-ability). Anyway I'm reading, of all things, the UK Daily Mail. Now I know this is not exactly top drawer stuff but it is the only UK paper in this land of nightshirts and moving bin liners (Please don't get me started as I've begun to get the hots for one I'm seeing on a daily basis at the moment (bin liner not night shirt so not gay O.K.) I think we're back to Frede land again here!).

Anyhooooooo, just thought the following extracted Thaksin related comments from an article in the sports section made for interesting commentary on, at least one journo's take, of the happenings at Eastlands.[/color]

After going back so nakedly on promises not to sell the club.

...and in essence the former Thai politicians time at City is up. So too, one would imagine, is that of his clutch of aides, associates, and propaganda merchants. Their passing will certainly not be mourned.

Thaksin's intentions for City may have been genuine but all he has done in recent times is make a respected, well-liked, proper football club look utterly stupid.

In fairness to Cook (Executive chairman Garry Cook) it would appear that he was simply being lied to by Thaksin and that - in a nutshell - serves to sum up the Thai's reign at City.

Under Thaksin nothing was ever as it seemed. (Strikes me as a wonderful comment on his time as PM as well methinks)

A couple of other quotes I cannot locate but I know I read in the same or associated articles, guess that's what four big G&T's served by the cutest young Chinese waitress will do for you huh?

' sounds like something the discredited Thaksin might have said'

And my favourite,

'former Thai dictator'

Archived