Bowling

Any reputable pro shops in the bowling centers in Bangkok or Pattaya? If there are how are the prices comparitively? A good ball in the US drilled is about $200. I want to bring one ball and have a couple drilled out there if the price is advantageous. Any info? Any bowlers on the board?

Mykal

It's been awhile since I priced a ball in the US.

I did look at bowling ball prices a few months ago and remember them being inline with what I remember from the states. They sell the "Nail", "The Hammer", and another well known name I can't remember off the top of my head that I wanted. I haven't followed through since I can't throw a 15 or a 16 yet. When I can, I'll buy a ball.

Let me know the name of the ball you are looking at and I'll see if I can price it. I don't think though that buying it over here will be cheaper (or more expensive)though.

What you will find really cheap here in Thailand are bowling shoes. Very cheap, from 800 baht to 2,000 baht for very nice leathers.

<<burp>>

I've seen balls priced 3000 to 8000 baht. I'm not really up on current brands though. I got the feeling the balls were more expensive than back home. $200 seems pretty pricey for a ball, but then I haven't bought one in a few years.

I've never seen a shop with bowling equipment away from the lanes. Would be interested to hear if there are any.

Thanks guys. I was going to lug my 16lb. to Thailand but since the ball prices sound like they are on par with US prices I will just leave it in the US. Thanks again.

Mike

Archived