Pattaya Gyms near Apex hotel?

Hi guys,

I'll be in Pattaya in the next cpl wks. I'm thinking of staying at the Apex hotel.

Is there any gyms nearby w/freeweights and a treadmill machine?

Can u give me the name of the gym, location and price for a 1mth pass?

Thanx again,

~Tek smile.gif" border="0

There are 2 places close by one is on beach road a 7 minute walk from the apex,it is called world gym, no air con very very hot and a tad expensive, and can get a tad busy at times, the other one is much quieter and cheaper plus u get free use of the hotel pool, this place is straight down second road, just bfore big c and that massage/soapy it is on the right hand side it is a gym/thai box place

P.S. Cujo better not let canada down

[ February 10, 2002: Message edited by: dirtroad ]

quote:

Originally posted by Long Gun:

Isn't there a gym on 2nd Road, just about a block or 2 from the Apex, going back towards town? I dunno though, it's been so long .....

Apex is pretty much 'in town' as you get. World gym on beach road is probably the most convenient - under 10min walk as one poster said. It does not have a treadmill as you specified, but it does have a few stationary bicycles in reasonable condition. 1 month should set you back about 1300B. Never been to the one near big 'C'.

World Gym shouldn't be too, too hot in February, if that's when you are going. If you need airconditioning, you may want to check out the lame gym at the Dusit Hotel, which I think will sell you a month pass, even though you are a non-guest. More expensive, and nice, would be the gym on top of Royal Garden Shopping Center. If I had to guess, I'd say that they would charge you THB5,000 for a one month pass. (a day pass is THB500)

As you can see, the choices aren't great. But, the exercise will be a nice change from the other sh*t you're probably going to get yourself in to. wink.gif" border="0

Hi Tek,

Here is some up to date info on the gym situation in Pattaya:

The closest gym to the Apex Hotel is

Universe Gym (this is the correct name, not 'World' gym) on Beach Rd, near Soi 9. No aircon, quite hot and busy, 2 treadmills, 3 stationary bikes, all in need of a bit of maintenance, free weights, machines etc. The rates are about 1000-1200 baht/month.

Next closest is the newly refurbished gym at the Montien Hotel, 2nd Road, just past "Tops" supermarket at the Central Pattaya Rd intersection. This is also handy to the Apex hotel. 1800 baht/month includes use of their huge swimming pool. They have 2 good treadmills, an elliptical crosstrainer machine (1st one I have seen in Pattaya), 2 stationary & 2 recumbent cycles and free weights, plus aerobics. All airconditioned and much cheaper than the upmarket gyms at Royal Garden & Dusit. They also have 2 tennis courts.

The small gym that used to be on 2nd road, back toward the Royal Garden area has ceased to exist. It was cheap, but not that great anyway.

Hope this helps. Cheers.

quote:

Originally posted by PorridgeMan:

The small gym that used to be on 2nd road, back toward the Royal Garden area has ceased to exist. It was cheap, but not that great anyway.

Thanks for clearing that up. I was beginning to think I had dreamt it, and dreaming about sweaty, musclebound men WOULD be a bit of a worry!

LG

Archived