No More Fan Mails Please, I warning You!

Mentors

LONDON (AP) â?? Ringo Starr doesn't want to hear from you.

If you do write, your letter will end up in the trash.

That's the message from Richard Starkey, aka Ringo Starr. After 45 years of stardom, he doesn't want to spend any more time answering mail or sending signed photos back to fans.

The fan fatigue led the former Beatles drummer to post a sometimes angry sounding short video clip on his Web site telling fans that any mail sent to him after Oct. 20 will not be read or answered. British television stations broadcast the video on Tuesday.

"It's going to be tossed," he says on the video. "I'm warning you with peace and love, I have too much to do. So no more fan mail. Thank you, thank you. And no objects to be signed. Nothing. Anyway, peace and love, peace and love."

The drummer and singer did not elaborate on the reason behind his decision to cut off a major point of contact with his many fans.

Starr, 68, has maintained a very active touring and recording schedule in recent years, drawing large crowds for performances with his All-Starr band.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5gJg8fenoEWYzLVVJtNIxeta7IIAgD93Q9T9G0

watch his message:

www.ringstarr.com

:content: :susel:

What an arrogrant sod. Being famous is part and parcel of having to deal with the fans - who incidentally made him famous in the first place.

I knew I didnt like him....married to Barbara Bach (jammy git) and now this.

As John Lennon once said after being asked by a interviewer if Ringo was the best drummer in the world...."He aint even the best drummer in the band"

What an arrogrant sod. Being famous is part and parcel of having to deal with the fans - who incidentally made him famous in the first place.

I knew I didnt like him....married to Barbara Bach (jammy git) and now this.

As John Lennon once said after being asked by a interviewer if Ringo was the best drummer in the world...."He aint even the best drummer in the band"

Yeah ...what a goose..

He couldn't hire someone else to fake his signature? (Maybe Pete Best would do it.)

Good one!

But actually, there are Beatles "conventions" that go on at various places, and Pete Best is at them as one of their features.

20. Oct. London,(ANI): Ex-Beatles drummer Ringo Starr has apologized to his fans after he grumpily announced he would not sign autographs for them. The 68-year-old caused a stir when he vowed to stop signing anything sent to him after the 20th of October. Fans urged Ringo to change his mind.

Even after his apology, he is bent upon not signing his memorabilia, reports The Sun. But his website said the move was down to an "inordinate amount" of signed items sold on eBay. It added "real fans" would understand after "over 45 years of signing".

:spin:

20. Oct. Telegraph.uk Since the video was posted, he has issued a statement apologising for his "gruff demeanor" in the video saying that he was only trying to make his point clear and he made the decision in order to reduce his carbon footprint.

Furthermore, the Beatle has opened a competition on his site asking fans to send him photos of his recent tour with the best photo set to win a signed drumhead. The closing date is October 30, 10 days after the drummer officially stops signing fanmail.

:spin:

Archived