Scuba Diving and Sanuk

LACutter

Try posting your message in the sports and leisure section as this is the place were you will get some good answers re-scuba diving.

In Thailand the best places to combine Sanuk and diving would be Phuket and Pattaya.

Plenty of girls and good diving spots in both these places.

Make sure you get info about seasons. A lot of the diving in TL is shit if you go at the wrong time.

Many of the good dive sites on the Andaman Sea side of TL, where Phuket is, are not open to diving in the summer. Simlan Islands for example, which is probably the best site in TL.

I hear the diving is good in the summer on the east side, say Ko Tao. But sunuk possiblities there are rather limited. You'd have to go to Ko Samui, a 3 hr boat trip away.

quote:

Originally posted by Brink15:

[QB]

Phuket is my ideal for sanuk and diving. Patong offers some very good nightlife. Kata and Karon also have their share of good beer bars. But the best day trip diving, by far, is off Phuket.

As far as the LOS, I have to agree w/ Racha.

Phuket is my ideal for sanuk and diving. Patong offers some very good nightlife. Kata and Karon also have their share of good beer bars. But the best day trip diving, by far, is off Phuket.

Pattaya has a much more wild and extensive nightlife, but the diving leaves much to be desired.

So you have to decide, great diving and good bonking or OK diving and very good bonking.

If you would like a run down on the best dive sites around Phuket let us know.

Worldwalker makes a very good point.

LACutter's original post didn't specify when he was going to be travelling.

Phuket from April/May through October/November is not at its best. Many areas in the heart of the summer can be outright dangerous. Although Racha indicates diving on Racha Island is still OK as it is protected.

Koh Tao is the best alternative in the summer but I didn't mention it because, as worldwalker indicated, there is no sanuk scene.

Archived