Why do people ask for investment advice HERE?

sh7691

I like to think we are all sane people!

Why the f**K ask for 'Bond' investement advice here?

I am truly puzzled on this?

Would you ask your 'Dentist' for advice about which pension fund to invest in?

Wheel up brother.......maybe the wrong guy to ask??????

Get my point? If not then you shouldn't be investing in the first place! Put that payola in a fixed deposit, paying a measly whatever a year and be SAFE!

This is a site on thailand with many many expats on it. We share ideas about thailand, all aspects- dentists, investing, food, entertainment. You see we all do not have a one track mind. Education allows people to have other interests and you will notice there are other topic headings other than "where can I get my load off in thailand"

maybe if you are offended by dentist questions you should only read the nighlife folder.

WYD

Regarding dentist advice: I still remember one post that detailed the different types of enamel a dentist would use and what type was good and what was cheap. Pretty impressive information.

Asking for general investment advice is fine. I personally know four board members in or were in the financial community (either investment banking, high-net worth private banking, or institutional desks). Companies are Goldman Sachs, CSFB, ING, and some canadian bank that I remember was big in derivatives but can't remember right now. I've traded mail with folks from other institutions but that I haven't met.

You'd be surprised at the people you could meet. Why some of them still insist on staying at the Nana is way beyond me!

I do hope that no one would post speculative recommendations or specific recommendations. (The recommendation on Daimler Chrysler I find generic enough.)

<<burp>>

[ October 05, 2001: Message edited by: gummigut ]

Archived