Sitting in.

colonel Kurtz

What are the chances of sitting in a classroom observing one of boards teachers?

I am in LOS in a couple of weeks and will be taking a TEFL course at the end of the year.

I am naturally very interested in getting a `taster` before I commence with the course ,studying etc.

I`m sure that there would be some difficulties with the schools `guvnors`,but just thought I`d ask.

There would of course be several beers in it for anyone that could assist.

During my "window of foolishness", I studied Thai full time at a language school for seven months. The experience as a language student definitely helped me as a teacher, and made me aware of more things.

Stick

PS I'd be happy to allow you to observe me teach, but simply do not think my school would allow it. - imagine most schools would be the same.

[Although it is a good idea to observe others and for others to watch you, I think many schools would not allow a stranger to be in the classroom. Many schools will not allow parents in the classroom none the less someone that the teacher meet on the internet.

I would suggest to get a job first and watch teachers your first week at work. Even teachers with little experience and those that dont teach the same subject as you are worth watching.

Archived