Rates are NOT applicable for Thai market

jai-dee

I once tried to book my wife into a Bangkok hotel, and as soon as I enter the guest's nationality (Thai) it rejected my booking.

Now I'm checking out various hotels and I keep seeing this "Rates are NOT applicable for Thai market" warning. They will accept any number of Thai people as long as they are accompanied by at least one farang, but not Thais on their own. Does anyone know why this discrimination? Are Thais charged more or simply refused?

I once tried to book my wife into a Bangkok hotel, and as soon as I enter the guest's nationality (Thai) it rejected my booking.

Now I'm checking out various hotels and I keep seeing this "Rates are NOT applicable for Thai market" warning. They will accept any number of Thai people as long as they are accompanied by at least one farang, but not Thais on their own. Does anyone know why this discrimination? Are Thais charged more or simply refused?

Get this everyday. No rule as each hotel has different conditions. Can work with and against as some hotels offer cheaper rates for Thais/Thai market and others are more expensive.

To further complicate matters, certain agents can get different conditions than others.

Archived