Global warming - some common sense

Tiger Moth

yeah so we have 2 seemingly conflicting stories/viewpoints or are they perhaps rather conveniently emitting the 'full story' in order to support the authors or someone's agenda?

the first report basically in the camp denying man made global warming actually saying temperature is falling (I believe I read recently in a related article that earths average temperature had declined some 0.2deg while according the 'global warming theories' it should have increased some 0.3deg last 10years.

so lets say the data is correct - earth temp had declined last 10years, but at the same for whatever reason large amounts of ice are meling at arctics last couple of years - well both may well be 'correct facts', but according the 'cooling camp' the ice melting will be very temporary & is no major concern :)

I must say I always had a weird feeling about this global warming theory as I tend to still believe mothe rnature is much much stronger/influential than even our tremendous expansion & evolution last 50-60 years.

One thing for sure time will tell & anyway don't hold your breath any real 'global warming action' will come of those UN climate meetings that have been going for decades :rolleyes:

So if a mini ice age is coming up in say next 50years I suppose LOS & other near equator states will have another advantage & the risk of bkk 'sinking' also will be prevented. On the other hand say Alaska is in for even rougher times :cover:;)

OK Tiger facts are apparently there to support global cooling, so who will call the global warming guys & call off the whole lame undocumented thing?

:hmmm::rolleyes::banghead:

No, that is not how it works.

The 2nd article that TM quotes is much better than the first, which was pretty lightweight and useless.

We all know most people think that whatever temperature their ass is, that is the trend for the whole damn world, whether you think the earth is cooling or warming, I might add. The weather boy from CNN doesnâ??t make that mistake, but when he â??feelsâ? that manmade activity cannot effect weather change, it isnâ??t better.

The biggest fact operational here is that what you or I or the weather boy or for that matter any of the climate scientists â??believeâ? isnâ??t going to make a damn bit of difference in terms of what the earthâ??s climate does. It is going to do what it is going to do.

As for the 2nd article by TM, let the climate scientists study and debate it. That is how science works. You donâ??t just read it and conclude it proves global cooling and go home.

My (admittedly unqualified) reaction is that the temperature graph (Figure 3) only covers 2 cycles (is that enough to say it is a cycle?), it visually looks like the moving average is trending upward, however you don't see the complete bottum of the 1st cycle. But ultimately a climate scientist or one who studies glaciers will have to evaluate it. However, I donâ??t think it proves global cooling (and I don't think the author is stating it does.)

When people who content the earth is coolling, the the Hadley Centre is often cited as the source. The Hadley measurements show that 1998 is the warmest year, but the NASA Goddard measurements shows that 2005 was, with 2007 and 1998 tied for 2nd.

It also claims that the temperature in 2005 did not receive an El Niño boost like 1998. (2008 is a La Nina year)

According to http://www.realclimate.org/index.php/archives/2008/07/global-trends-and-enso/ the difference between the two stems from â??HadCRUT3v does not extrapolate past the coast, while GISTEMP extrapolates from the circum-Arctic stations - the former implies that the Arctic is warming at the same rate as the rest of the globe, while the latter assumes that the Arctic is warming as fast as the highest measured latitudesâ?Â

It also seems to me that if the NASA data more accurately reflects the warming in the Arctic latitudes than the Hadley, that is consistent with facts presented in the article I quoted in an early post. Whether D'Aleo's theories are accounting for that,let the scientists debate that.

Archived