Imperial Chiang Mai

gobbledonk

Well, it seems that Ms Crazypants has decided that we will be staying at the Imperial Chiang Mai Spa and Sport Club (what the ?) during our brief visit to that fabled northern city. No hotel ever lives up to its website - anyone have any recent experience of the place ? Is it close to 'town' ? Are the reports that I hear of Chiang Mai's traffic being almost as bad as BKK an exaggeration ? Am I asking too many questions ?

:smirk:

Thanks,

Gobble

i have only stayed in the other Imperial in Chiang Mai, the Imperial Mae Ping which is right in the city center just beside the night market and the small bar street

this one seems to be new and upmarket. it is quite a distance from downtown

re traffic i can confirm what dean said

Thanks everyone - I think I should leave Ms Crazypants in BKK : reread the email and she said the travel agent recommended the Imperial Mai Ping Samak refers to, so she sent me a link to the other place, conveniently located somewhere out in the boonies from your feedback ....

Its my own fault - I just blindly clicked on the link thinking 'this must be it ..'. Its a bit like going to Sydney and expecting to find only one 'Railway Hotel' ...

Gobble

http://www.imperialmaeping.com/

Thats OK Samak - I'm sure I'll have a lot of fun trying to tell them which Imperial Hotel I need to go to - Ms Crazypants doesnt like talking to the common man, even in her own language. I've spoken to her about her arrogance, but all I get is The Look, followed by 'You listen to me...'.

Maybe I'll book her into Imperial #1, and I'll go to #2. 'See you back in BKK, Princess !' :smirk:

Imperial Chiang Mai is a long way from the night market, even longer from Thapae Gate area. Its nice, mostly caters to busses of asian tourists. Imperial Mae Ping is older, built in the early 80's I think. Had an earthquake there when Mel Gibson was filming Air America. It put a few cracks in the building that scared off the Asian tour groups for a while. Two minute walk to the night market. Really nice junior suites.

Archived