2 Thais killed in Paris

drogon

AFP:

Two Thai women have been murdered in Paris.

(following the police these two women could have been illegal prostitutes)

As some people absolutely request the source:

http://tempsreel.nouvelobs.com/actualites/societe/20081224.OBS7026/deux_femmes_asiatiques_mortellement_poignardees.html

Also in all other major French newspapers.

Second part of the article is about the growing racism against Asians in France.

(and I can say not only in France)

They don't say much about the victims as the French police, when the victims are foreigners, doesn't disclose quickly details.

From what I found out on AFP it seems they were between 20-30 years old, Thai passports and on illegal stay...

I wouldn't be suprised if this was a racist crime rather than just a criminal kill as there are more and more insults, provocations in France (and some other EU countries) against Asian people (mainly Vietnamese and Chinese but don't ask a French to be able to make a difference between a Thai and a Chinese).

Second part of the article is about the growing racism against Asians in France.

(and I can say not only in France)

Drogon, I know that you are Eurasian and I can imagine that you've had to put up with a lot of prejudice, but I think that chip on your shoulder needs to be examined in a bit more detail, particularly given that Asian antipathy towards other Asians is legendary - the Japanese and the Koreans, the Chinese and the Japanese, the Thais and Laotians/Burmese/Cambodians : the list goes on. I agree that hate crimes against a specific cultural group are horrific and need to be punished, but many of these people are just looking for a scapegoat.

For someone who sees Mexicans as smelly, hairy and ugly, I think you need to take a look at your own attitude to the rest of humanity before casting judgement on 'racists'. I'm a racist, no question, but then I dont know anyone who likes Romanian Gypsies :smirk:

Gobbledonk

You are right, I never said I am not a bit racist.

I also know the biggest racism against Asians is found among other Asians...

(luckily for me Japanese think I am Jap, Korean think I am Korean, Chinese too...until I open my mouth)

About my prejudice against South/Central American (and North African people) -> this has more to do with their social behavior than the color of their skin

-> there is huge North African community in Belgium and about 99% of racist comments came from North African....

Same same here in Spain: Almost all racism comes from South American.

Strangely, in the company there are people from all South and Central America and never had any problem...

-> so it just confirms my opinion that education and social status leads people to be racist...

I am not really racist I think as it would otherwise force me to judge people based on their "race", ethnicity or skin color.

That I make generalizations I admit but until now I didn't find one signle Peruvian girl whom I find a bit sexy or cute...nor a Mexican or a Bolivian.

Girls from Brazil (funny as they are not a Spanish speaking country) are plenty here -> working the oldest job in the world, some are really hot, same with some ladies from Colombia, Argentina, Ecuador.

But the most beautiful ones are from Argentina and Venezuela (as they explained to me this is due to the big mix with immmigratns from Europe) as some of them are European looking with a touch of South America while others look like the hottest Brazilianas with European education...Sadly people from Argentina and Venezuela are the two smallest communities represented here...probably because they are all educated.

I am just taking the Madrid subway, going a lot to Barajas, therefore I really realized a big proportion of Madrid's population is made of South/Central Americans...

With the educated ones (strangely the ones who don't look Indians) I never had any problem and some are my friends.

With the others, it seems they need to find a justification for their shitty life -> and in this case this is the Chinese community back here.

Sad sad

You are right sorry for my disgression...

Just pissed at people calling me "chink etc.." just because they believe I am stealing "their jobs" while they are immigrants (sometimes illegal) themselves and don't have my skills...

:banghead::cussing:

Will try not to repeat my rant

:bow::beer:

Archived