Currency trading

Hello All,

I came across a website {LINK EDITED OUT for it's offensiveness to financial sensibilities -- his burpiness} in WHICH I DO NOT HAVE ANY CONNECTIONS WITH AND I AM NOT TRYING TO PROMOTE IT, but the idea struck me as interesting. {additional info edited again... -- his burpiness}

ONCE AGAIN I HAVE NO CONNECTION WITH THIS WEBSITE and I THINK IT’S POORLY MADE BUT THE IDEA SOUNDS INTERESTING

MIKE

[ February 20, 2002: Message edited by: gummigut ]

Well you may well of heard of a slight problem Aliied Irish Bank has. They were applying the same "interesting" idea.

OK piss take over. Yes currency trading is not exactly a new idea Banks do it all the time to make money. The reason AIB is so far in the hole is that banks make an equal but oppoisite order, for each trade. They make thierprofit by spotting tiny differences in the rates in different markets. The technical term for this is called arbitrage.

Its very simple to do as long as you know a little bit about what you are doing have several million quids worth of computer equipment/programs/links/feeds etc and are able to make tens of millions of pounds of trades per day.

Money for old rope. Well thats how the banks do it fancy going up against that??

You can even do currency speculation which is an even more interesting way to lose money. Basically betting(opps sorry speculating) on which way a currency will go, etc etc etc.

Of course the other way to make money is to find some mug punters who think that they are going to get rich by spending a tenner on a book. A couple of thousand of these and you have made a nice little profit. What these people dont realise is that if the author's methods very any good they wouldnt bother publishing it because they would be retired with lots of money themselves.

e.g. I know several guarenteed way to earn yourself a fortune. In excess of a million pounds. The only way you can lose is if you fail to apply these methods. If you do fail to earn at least the cost of your payment, which is only 20 quid! then you can have double your money back.

Now the above statement is true and I could prove it in a court of law. In fact if you do send me 20 quid I will send you them and laugh all the way to the bank, well the pub. You have to ask yourself why the hell am I bothering doing this rather than making myself a million.

Thai_and_I, aka Mike:

While this is a sanuk board, this section is a serious section. Going to give you the benefit of the doubt and that you posted out of innocence. Next time though, before you post a question (and we DO welcome questions) can you please do a little due diligence?

Okay, the long and short of this financial play that the link contained was finding out what the rate for the dollar was in a local currency (baht). Going around town, asking for exchange rates for $'s. When you find one that will give you a profit, exchange your $'s for baht, run to the bank and exchange the baht back for $'s and make a profit. The guy who owns this link sells a $9.95 booklet detailing how to do this. This guy cites a profit of $2,000 on the exchange of $5,000. A 40% profit. Ahem. enuff said I think.

Mike, if you have questions, you can send me a private message via the board.

CLANG, thread closed.

<<burp>>

p.s.: Glen, my 20 squids are in the mail to you, hopefully they won't die before you get them. I really want 100 million squids cause I'm selling the futures as we speak!!! smile.gif" border="0

[ February 20, 2002: Message edited by: gummigut ]

Archived