Etihad promotion

tartempion

My business class dilemma is solved (the Luftkraut 2-must-travel-together for 150k a guy is trying to sell on TV)

I did a Kayak search, got a -1600 euro offer for a business class ticket BKK-CDG and was directed to Etihad's website: a few baht less than 75K travel April/may.

Did a quick test on cattle class same dates: 21k + tax, total less than 31k I guess.

(last Sept/Oct their promotion was 20K + tax, fuel came down but ticket went up, bastards :sad:

A few days ago saw mention of LHR-BKK for around 480 pounds all in, also Etihad.

Both seem good deals (eco and bus) was getting 95K on Etihad and 85K on Qatar last week and (eco was 29K + tax on Etihad)

Etihad has flat beds and individual seat (no neigbour), Qatar incline 160d only. :sad:

the problem with Etihad and all middle eastern airlines is the stopover, which interrupts your nightsleep; while on a non stop flight to Europe of over 10 hours, you have plenty of sleep, the legs on the middle eastern airlines are shorter than 6 hours, which are in fact red eyes flights

It all depends on what you want.

Etihad has a morning flight and an evening flight out of Bangkok, thus I can chose day or night flight also depending on connection flights to/from Isaan or a night out in Bangkok :clown:

Getting older I now dislike direct flights and enjoy a Middle East stopover; walk around and relax in the business lounge (I do prefer the Etihad lounge above the Qatar dedicated business/first terminal, quality definitely better) I can't sleep more than 4 hours on a direct flight and get very bored. So two flights suits me well. It also allows you to have two decent meals on one business class trip and extra champagne:hubba:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived