NEP Chainsaw Massacre??

Long Gun

Maybe the cop did not have his laytex gloves with him.

I would be a bit cautious dealing with a bloody person in BKK ( maybe more so than in the west).

Still, getting what passes for an amblance in thailand would be tough, using a taxi would be the way to go if you could get a driver to stop once he saw the condition of the person.

Originally posted by sanukdee:

"<<The bewildered cop, unsurprisingly, carried on talking on the phone and trying to pretend he hadn't noticed her.>>

I don't get it. If this girl was in as bad as shape as you say.

Was the cop blind?"

I'm not surprised. I know a woman who was robbed by two guys with guns while taking out money from a bank ATM in broad daylight. There was a bank security guard standing a few metres away, and when he saw what was going on, he casually looked away, pretending not to notice. TIT - this is Thailand.

quote:

Originally posted by Bey:

Longgun,

Have a look at Stickman's site, Readers Submission (by me) Postcard from Thailand for driving and also noticing things.

Thanks for the tip, Bey. Very entertaining read. I will look forward to your 'Postcard from Tokyo' series! I am having thoughts about looking for work there myself at the moment - maybe we will finally meet!?

There is some good stuff in that section of Stickman now, isn't there? Might dust off a couple of old stories myself.

LG

Hey LG,

I typed that very quickly as they only gave me 2 hours notice, basically a quick brain dump. Now I think back I missed a lot....maybe the next one.....looking forward to yours.

Stickman must get a lot of hits, he had that article up there less than a week and I had more than dozen responses back. I must say all of them were positive, not sure why some PC person hasn't jumped me yet, they always seem to find a reason to get offended.

I will write Postcard from Tokyo series, perhaps with little more planning, I am not sure if I can be as passionate about it though....and I'll have to find Japanese Stickman to publish it....actually a friend has an equivalent but let's say it is just developing.

Incidentally, I looked for you at the DC and the Living Room the other day, I must have mistimed it....next time !!

Cheers

quote:

Well, it was just an example of that curious Thai thing where if you don't look directly at something, then it really isn't there

One of the more common, but safer, places to observe this interesting phenomenon is in certain Thai restaurants when trying to get someone to take your order. "If I don't see the Farang, I won't have to talk to him and this will save us both from the embarrassment that arises when I cannot understand his Thai and he cannot understand my English."

Archived