Availability of jobs in int. schools for 2002

I'm putting out feelers re: availability/chances of securing a job in an international school for 2002. I have taught in Bangkok recently and am now located at an aboriginal school in N.T. Australia. I thoroughly enjoyed my last stint and am seeking a second stint, preferably with better wages and holiday arrangements. Any ideas...etc. Or am I pissing in the wind? crazy.gif" border="0

Jobs in international schools are obviously sought after but the teachers tend to be recruited from overseas. There are actually quite a lot of international schools and the salary range is big, from around 50,000 baht - 200,000+ baht per month. Generally speaking, you need to have been employed as a teacher in your own country and have references available, but sometimes they will hire locally. There are always the international programes in the Satit schools too.

Stick

At the international schools your nationality will limit what schools you can work at. Ex Harrow International school general prefer British teachers etc...

Science teachers, esp. Chemistry are in demand. If you do not have a B. ED ( no not a bed) or and M.ed. you may be able to get a job at the last minute, but dont expect any job security. The "real" teachers sometimes resend these cowboys entering the school, no matter how good a teacher they are.

Good luck. You can find a list of international schools at web66 website and have a peek at the facualty page. If there are a few there without a teaching degree I would apply there.

What subject do you teach?

There are international schools following the US system and others using the UK model. They may require different credentials. Most do pay well though. I think ISB now pays at least 90,000 baht a month, with air fare, medical etc etc. Check the Post and Nation on line for openings. The US type schools follow the US school year -- Sept to May. So now may be a good time to apply. Not sure about the UK style schools.

Try Stickman's site and archan.com -- might have useful info there.

• 2 weeks later...

quote:

Originally posted by whosyourdaddy:

At the international schools your nationality will limit what schools you can work at. Ex Harrow International school general prefer British teachers etc...

Science teachers, esp. Chemistry are in demand. If you do not have a B. ED ( no not a bed) or and M.ed. you may be able to get a job at the last minute, but dont expect any job security. The "real" teachers sometimes resend these cowboys entering the school, no matter how good a teacher they are.

Good luck. You can find a list of international schools at web66 website and have a peek at the facualty page. If there are a few there without a teaching degree I would apply there.

What subject do you teach?

Hi there, could you tell me the link of the website you mentioned ? web66 ??

thanks in advance,

mischa.

Archived