Worst snow in SE England for 6 years!

Lusty

Guest lazyphil

<>

Wisconsin hiker with a cue-ball head

Wishing he was home in a wiscosin bed

Fifteen feet of snow in the east

Colder then a welldiggers ass

Name that tune!! (without search engines.)

Troy in Ewa:

No, I never worked in Hawaii. Only played there. :) What I meant was they got 2' of snow in one storm that shut down IAD for two days. January, 1996, IIRC.

Shygye:

I don't have a lot of experience traveling around the USA, but I used to have to go to Dulles often, and temperatures were fairly moderate, even in winter. That storm seemed like a freak event no one was prepared for. Maybe it happens, but I can't remember MSP or JFK being shut down for two feet of snow.

Allistar,

"Doesn't listening to Frank Zappa's song "yellow snow" make you wish for a Boston winter?"

55555! Hell no! It just reminds me that yellow snow is not good eating. :smirk: And makes me wish Frank was still around making me laugh and think.

"I know the one year that I spent at Holy Cross in 1972 was enough for me. There was snow on the ground from Thanksgiving to March."

Precisely. I've spent decades shoveling that crap, driving in it, freezing in it, and hating it. I should have left my ex-wife at least 10 years earlier. She refused to relocate to Florida or somewhere warmer. She still lives there, and bitches about driving in the snow. Silly twat. Move. Want to see your family? That's what airplanes are for. :)

I told my kids I will only return to visit them in June, July or August. (Last few trips were in freakin' Febuary! Febuary is the absolute worst month of the year in the Northeast!) This year I return in July. I plan to never see or experience snow again for the rest of my days.

Cent (Nanook rubs it.)

Archived