Worst snow in SE England for 6 years!

Lusty

Some towns are better able to handle it than others. Went to a job interview near Washington Dulles airport and was stuck there an extra two days because of only two feet of snow. Shut the airport and all the roads down. The first vehicle making it into the hotel, which was running out of food, was a Domino's Pizza Jeep.

Two feet of snow would be normal in other cities like Minneapolis or Chicago.

I love snow, especially when going to work.

Sadly the snow is already gone by now...

Damn Spanish totally scared because there was a bit of snow on the ground...

Although nothing like last year's hailstorm -> many cars still spot the marks...Typical Spanish behavior -> buying a car (despite the traffic jam) is very macho but don't have the money to pay for repairs...

I worked in Hawaii (as did you if I remember correctly) but grew up in Wisconsin. Statements like one above just make me laugh. Dealing with customers checking in to go back to places like Minnesota, Wisconsin and such during the winter was always entertaining. I would ask them if they're ready to go back to the cold. I'd always get the family that says something like, Oh yeah, we're used to 20 below, that's normal.

Well, it's not normal. In fact, I dare anybody to say they're used to that. I worked outside in that weather for 10 winters and I NEVER got used to it. Plus, it rarely gets that cold.

My rant is really about the snowfall though. USV, did you mean 24 inches is normal for a whole winter or one snowfall?? A link I found shows MSP's average snowfall for a year is 55+ inches so getting 24 in one falling would not be normal, IMO.

Sorry to be a pain but this type of stuff gets to me.

Link

Some towns are better able to handle it than others. Went to a job interview near Washington Dulles airport and was stuck there an extra two days because of only two feet of snow. Shut the airport and all the roads down. The first vehicle making it into the hotel, which was running out of food, was a Domino's Pizza Jeep.

Two feet of snow in one day shutdown NYC! I was there and people were abandoning their cars that got stuck in the snow.

Archived