need a bit of issan travel help

belfastish

sorry havent been on in ages,im into my 7th week of 3 months travel.

went to kl,then philippines,thailand 1month,cambodia ,veitnam(where i am now)i go to laos tomorow for a few days,then traveling down bus or train through issan towards pattaya or bkk.

i will be starting from vientiane in laos when i head down the easiest route looks like udon thani then khon kaen,then nakhon ratchasima,is there much to see in them places?im guessing surin and si saket would be a detour big time i could do that next trip maybe as i hear alot about them on here 5555

thanks for any help

also im going to burma maybe 8th march would 4-5 days be enough time there?

the most interesting stuff along your way

Nongkhai: Sala Kaeow Ku Sculpture Park (a park full of statues of buddhist and Hindu statues)

Udon: Baan Chiang (archeological site)

between Khon Kaen and Korat/Nakhon Ratchasima: Phimai, one of the largest ancient Khmer temple

thanks ill be taking bus or train would these be easy to get too?ill stop a night or two in khon kaen is there any other big lively places around there if even a slight detour worth while stoping the night?

or what places would be worth while stopping on my way down and what places or just good to pass through by day and move on quickly?

just dont want to plan to stay somewhere an day and night if its really small and not falang friendly

thanks

not much to see at Bang Chiang archaeological site, I live 8kms from the place. You missed the yearly festival there last we anyway. It's difficult to get to also.

Udon Thani has it's new night spots: Day & Night and Nutty Park. Lots of sleeping places (hotels, guest houses) Visit Udon Map forum for info.

CTO discovered a nice whorehouse near Sawan Daen Din 70kms East of Udon, SDD has a nice resort, 600B/night and I could drive you up there if you fancy a night out in the boondocks :beer: ( I live half way) or we could have a beer or two downtown Udon.

Pm me if you wish.

Archived