How do I get to Sawang Daen Din?

AloyMak

Bus goes from the bus station. A tuk tuk or shuttle from airport will take you to bus station for about 100 baht.

SSD lies about 100km due east of Udon.

GREAT resort in the town and GREAT place to eat if your needing that. The resort is truely stunning, 690 a night for a challet, food is cheap and good.

Resort can be found easily (there are many though) To find it drive in tuk tuk in town to the Bangkok Bank intersection. These are the second set of traffic lights. Turn right, go about 1 km. Can't miss it as it is beautiful.

OR

There are a few hotels in the town, similar to short time hotels, 500 baht a night but not so nice and food in the town is not as good as resort.

Bus goes every half hour or so, about 100 baht also

First thing you;'ll see in SDD a big Tesco with KFC and other fast food if you need a fix.

Now I'll wait for GTG to correct the spelling 5 5 5 5 5 5 5

No, CTO mentions this one

http://chuan-resort.com/contact-e.html

SDD is 77kms East from Udon Thani.

There are no tuk-tuks at the airport, but a minivan service to downtown. Thought is was 50B?

Ask to go to main bus station, tell them you want to go SDD or Sakhon Nakhon, always nice people will drop you at right place. mini van will most probably first hit a bus station near the airport, wait until they get you down town.

Lots of recent aircon buses head towards Sakhon Nakhon. Again bus attendant might get you off around SDD main traffic light intersection (which is 500m before Bangkok Bank.

40kms East of Udon bus will drive into the small town of Nong Han then reach SDD 35kms later.

You will find plenty samlors (horrible 3 wheel motorbikes) where the bus stops. Make clear the driver understands which resort you want to go, You can' walk to any of them. They might as you 50B to drive you there. Chuam resort is a nice place, the Chomdao looks good enough, both way out of town. Dunno about decent places to sleep down town.

I think there is a resort before the Tesco Lotus left hand side, but not sure, looks like one when I drive to that whorehouse CTO discovered nearby SDD :beer:

Archived