Apex hotel

addo

The price is right. The location is good.

I found the rooms tired when I visited this hotel. At that time too tired for my likings.

That was a few years ago. Maybe they have upgraded.

The tele reception was awful. But then again, others have corrected me: Why travel to LOS to watch the tele?

Apex is good value for money, though as Unit says the rooms are a little jaded. They have two wings, so if you are lucky enough to be in the newer wing you should be fine.

Aircon can be very noisy, though for 550baht a night you cant really go wrong...just dont expect much. Their buffet breakfast represents good value for money though...

I found their rooms to be dingy and stale smelling, the beds hard and lumpy.

The B550 rooms can be hard to get as there is a limited supply. Many have arrived with reservation in hand only to be told that the B550 rooms are full and only the B750-up rooms are available.

There are so many comparably priced and much better rooms just up Soi Diana, close to Soi LK Metro and Soi Buakhow: Nikom Court for instance.

April is the start of low season and many rooms will be available. I suggest you prebook your first night just to have a place to go to,

then check around the next day for a place you really like.

• 1 month later...

I have to write something about Apex because I got really bad experience there this morning. I was damn hung over and my friends were waiting for in a minivan outside so i had to check my bill fast and i had counted all the items i had used in the minibar total 245 baht and there is 200 baht deposit for that. I also owned 70 baht for the laundry service. They tried to charge me 300 baht. I fucking lost my nerve, throw the money on the table and said something stupid I shouldn't have said.

Anyway the security guard tired to ran after me but i got inside the van and we started the engine. As I watched him I saw him making throat cutting signs and shouting something to other thais there :alert: . Fecking great....Now I have to fear for my life If I pass that dump. Lovely place :thumbdown:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived