Carlton Restaurant

Sarisin

Have any of you visited this restaurant on Silom Road not far from the Sala Daeng BTS?

I have passed it literally hundreds of times and never eaten there until last night. I was very pleased that I went.

The restaurant is not huge, but can seat about 100 I think. There was a large birthday party going on last night when my friend and I were there.

They have a very extensive menu which includes Western and Asian dishes. I went to this restaurant because a friend recommended the Kobe Beef Steak to me.

Well, I have had real Kobe Beef, and this was not it. However, it was one of the best pieces of beef I have ever had in Thailand. Close more to a filet mignon. The only place I have had comparable has been Neil's Steak House.

The good news?

Only 290 baht and this included the approx. 8 oz piece of meat, french fries or rice, vegetable (peas this night), tossed salad, and delicious homemade hot bread. What a deal!!!

The only negative in my mind was that they had a band that played a little too long the whole time we were there. And, we were seated a bit to close to the stage.

A minor complaint though, and I heartily recommend this place to you if you haven't tried it already!

Archived