Journalist charged over 2002 report

Gadfly

I actually don't know the Thai position on it. I just provided an example how my country (Australia) can prosecute you for an offense commited overseas.

Also, criminal defamation is common in most jurisdictions (see the Queensland link).

Link

Also, in respect to a criminal matter, in Australian law, there is no specific reduction limiting the time that the crown can act against a person in regards to crimes against the State (I would assume that Thailand has similar provisions in it's criminal code).

What is to to be found in your typical Statute of limitations legislation are time bars on civil matters, such as negligence, breach of contract etc.

Hence, unless specifically time barred, any person may be prosecuted up and until the day he passes from this Earth for a crime.

However, as I stated before, I have no direct knowledge of the criminal code in Thailand and must bow to any other learned people on this board.

influence and money make the authorities mixing up civil law and criminal law pretty easy in Thailand...

i can't remember that i saw the documentary.

But must have something to do about "defamation" of another Swiss guy who is still living in Thailand.

Archived