New BILLIARD places!!!!

gummigut

Okay, first piece of exciting news!!!

On Patpong2 on the corner of Sirowong or whatever is a new billiard hall. Open two months. 10 eight foot tables, least I think they are eight feet. Didn't think they were nine. It's on the second floor (for Americans, you know what that means you europeans!!!).

Very upscale place. They still rack the balls the thai way and the general house rules are those sucky foul gets you two shot rules but they got nice tables, relatively fast felt and just a very nice atmosphere although the MUSIC WAS TO LOUD.

Richard, I'll talk to you about this place in a private, by the way, great news you sent me!!!!!!!

They got a mix of custom cues for sale. Verying degrees of quality. From a couple thousand up to 117K if I remember correctly. Could have read the number wrong.

Okay, hang on to your wallets. Evening is 300 baht / hour, daytime 200 / hour. Otherwise 30 baht a game. Bottle of water was 50 baht. Fergot to see if they had food.

Owner seems like a nice guy and he's got a smooth stroke (no not what you are thinking!!!!). He's got to be a converted snooker player as he doesn't know international/tournament rules nor straight pool. I'm going to enjoy teaching him straight pool, albeit he's going to kick my ass to kingdom come.

BIG BOYS!!!! Or whatever that pool hall that was closed down because of that fire in the ambassador hotel s NOW OPEN. Least that is what I'm told. Ben, the new manager stopped me on the street and asked why I hadn't been by yet. Nice guy. New Wave Bar waitresses also confirm this report although I haven't seen it with my eyes. I'm surprised no one has mentioned this as Ben said they'd been open since Thursday.

I'll give a report on big boys over the next few days unless someone beats me to it.

<<burp>>

Archived