hows thermae then??

keith doug

I was in there about 10pm the other week (a Saturday) with a friend and we were both surprised with the quality of girls, and there were quite a few for that time of the evening.

The same bar staff still seem to be there and it still seems mainly Japanese orientated.

Don't know much about the girls' prices though.

We drank up and moved onto Gullivers which wasn't too bad - no huge influx of Africans in there, which I had read about elsewhere on this board.

Thermae is indeed a rather peculiar place in the sense that a core group of girls - the prettiest ones - are so singlemindedly oriented towards the Japanese. It turns all preferences for looks, age, class, rank etc totally upside down. My Japanese driver in Tokyo would outrank me by a factor of twenty at the Thermae, just because he is Japanese. If you are Japanese you take the prize.

It's kind of strict Thermae girl protocol and as such it can be totally contradicted in real life. The same girl who turned away her face from me when I approached her at Thermae has been my on-and-off girl friend for a year and has been living together with me for three months ( until I got enough of all her Japanese relations and persuaded her to move out, probably a bad idea). It's just a matter of protocol, not to go with a farang.

And while I would go and buy som tam for my girl friend, her Japanese lovers surpassed each other in satisfying her craving for gold and other jewellery, in addition to all the cash. They want to buy her love and affection more than just sex - and a lot of time together with her.

"Puchai Yippun kee ngao" she says, yes they seem to be lonely despite all their group bindings.

Apart from the protocolar aspect, these girls' absolute preference for the Japanese is categorical rather than individual.

Morita-san is immediately forgotten for Yoshinori-san as soon the obligatory gold ring or neck lace is bought.

Quite a few Thermae girls are married with Thais and have Japanese sponsors, one girl whom I know has a very generous yakuza as a sponsor. The same girl is rumoured also to be married to a French guy but I cannot verify this rumour.

I find Thermae relaxing, especially since my gf isn't there any longer and I enjoy sitting among the Japanese whom I have always found being a very civilized people.

Archived