tourists falls 50%

cheekyboy

Thursday 16th April 2009

Regional Tourism Authority Director reveals an estimated 50% drop in Tourists.

On Thursday Morning we attended a press conference at the Tourism Authority of Thailand regional office located on the Pratamnuk Hill. Khun Niti, the Regional Director gave an insight into initial studies by the TAT with regards to the impact on Tourism following the problems in Pattaya and the rest of Thailand. He began by revealing estimates of a 50% drop in overall tourist numbers over the next few months compared to this time last year. This includes Asian Tour Groups who were planning to come to Pattaya but have now cancelled because of the continuing political instability. Khun Niti revealed that the Mayor of Pattaya, Khun Itipon has made sure that other countries are aware that there are no problems here in Pattaya and no major disturbances as we saw at the Royal Cliff are expected here in the future. Khun Niti concluded the press conference by revealing that local events will still be organized and it is hoped that by the end of 2009 tourist confidence will return.

Pattaya One News

Not that the Thais will EVER care but with no smoking in the bars, piss tests, bar closings at midnight or 1am, Singha costing more in a bar than here at home, they made it very simple for me to choose another destination for my playground. I don't miss it one bit.

Archived