Serviced apartment in BKK

t-ride

Hi guys,

I'm looking for a serviced apartment in the Wat Po/Khao San Rd area and so far my research on internet has been unsuccessful.

My budget is around 30 000 THB/month and the room should be big enough for 2 adults and 1 baby and have a kitchen.

Any recommendations are welcome.

Thanks.

Yes the reason is that my wife will go to Wat Po Massage school for a bit more than a month.

I've looked on google maps and indeed, the nearest MRT station is at 4.5 km and 6km for BTS.

Sukhumvit is too far, maybe Siam square could be ok but I couldn't find serviced apartments around there.

Actually, as long as it doesn't take more than 30-40 minutes to get to Wat Po from where ever the apartment is, it would be ok.

...there are a few place around that area but very few, if any, will have website...a few nice options right across the river in thonburi as well...actually, any place near a river-boat stop would done fine...take the boat to wat po...

best to arrive a few days early and look around...if no have time, maybe ask an agent to line up some condos...at 30k a month you'll have no problems...can look around (or put up a wanted ad) on craigslist and bahtsold...

by all means do ignore those who believe that all farangs must stay around sukhumvit/silom/siam...pretty much anywhere else is much much nicer...

good luck

phayathai/petchaburi rd might be convenient (BTS Ratchathewi or something to that affect 1 stop north of Siam).

alternatively china town/hualampung is where the nearest MRT connection can be made I guess.

for a slightly 'off the beaten track' selection there's bang sue/chatuchak park MRTs in the north of town which would be a budget wise choice, but possibly the longest commute to wat po although within 40min I'd say & you'd be well connected to parks, trains etc. :)

Thanks for all the replies guys, I'm looking at all the different options that have been mentioned but can't find anything really interesting on internet so far.

As it's been suggested I think I will call some agencies, just give them my requirements and budget then see what they come up with...

The apartment is needed for 2 months across july/august/september so I guess I still have enough time to find something decent.

Archived