Tony's Again

Sarisin

Last night as I walked into NEP they had three of the loveliest ladies you would ever want to see handing out flyers. These gals had to be models or presenters you might normally see at a Car Show.

What were the flyers all about?

Tony's Entertainment Complex and Brew House on Petchburi Rd. in Bangkok.

Again.

This guy must have one of the highest advertising budgets around. Newspapers ads, billboards, flyers, you-name-it.

One flyer was completely in Thai and I got a headache trying to read it. I think it contained about the same information as the other two, but someone else who saw the flyer feel free to jump in.

The other two talked about the great deals at Tony's.

1. Spend 150 B or more and get beer at 30 B per glass.

2. Free glass of beer if you present this voucher in 7 days.

3. VIP Discount - 15% on beverages only.

4. All Ladies First Drink Is Free!

5. Happy Hour 5 - 9:30 Buy one glass of Tony's beer for 50 B and get 1 large plate of dinner FREE.

And so on...

I remember Ranger writing a report on Tony's some time ago. Has anyone else been there recently? Is it worth the trip out there?

In Pattaya, in January, Tony's staff went round all the beerbar areas handing 6" high stand-up photos of Tony to the staff of every bar. They were supposed to be stood on the bar-top to advertise his club but the owner of my regular beerbar threw them in the bin (when the staff had moved on, of course). I thought it was a cheek. Advertising your bar in someone else's.

I remember in late January they were handing out those

flyers. As you said Sarisan they must have spent a fortune

on advertising. I know one friend who went there had a few beers and left. I don't think it has got the falang patronage even with all the advertising

Mike

"Yeah I went a few weeks ago, bag of shite. I walked in and walked out, it was dead.

Tony was sitting outside with a bodyguard, is it me or does that guy love himself bigtime?? "

fezman, my thoughts exactly. All three flyers had a photo of him in that familiar t-shirt with his arms folded.

I just don't know anyone who visited the Tony's in Bangkok and went back. I have had a little fun in the Pattaya division, but that's because it WAS open late and a short trip down Walking Street from the other action.

Here in Bangkok I think the location is dreadful. Still, the flyers continue to flood the area.

Sarisin,

I haven't been back since my visit there several months ago. I can't imagine them ever becoming popular because of the location. Maybe if he did something innovative like run an hourly shuttle bus between NEP and Tony's and had scantily clad waitresses on the bus serving free beer. Maybe an additional bus picking up freelancers from Nana Disco, BG7 and Thermae as well? Are you listening, Tony?

Ranger

Archived