Bet This Never Happened in SF

Sarisin

From the October Pattaya Mail:

A juvenile elephant jumped out in front of Mrs. Siriwipa Krint’s vehicle late at night on October 11, then proceeded to play a little prank on the frightened driver.

Mrs. Siriwipa told police that she had been visiting friends in Nong Prue. At the end of the function she was driving out of the side street when a small elephant darted in front of her vehicle and blocked her way. She said the small elephant began thumping and violently shaking the car with its trunk.

She said the elephant’s slapping trunk knocked loose one of the windshield wipers, and then it continued to shake the car, scaring the wits out of her. She said she finally decided to run for safety hoping the elephant would be more interested in the car than her.

After police and rescue personnel arrived on the scene, and as Mrs. Siriwipa was describing the incident to them, the small elephant continued to play with members from the rescue unit, chasing them and slapping them with its trunk. The mother elephant stood off in the distance, keeping a watchful eye but not intervening.

The young elephant was obviously a frisky but friendly character, and seemed to be thoroughly enjoying its unexpected visitors at the late night hour.

Police eventually cleared the way for Mrs. Siriwipa to exit the area.

The two elephants were most likely from the nearby Thin Chang Thai elephant park, and investigating police said it was lucky that no injuries or serious damage resulted from the playful antics of the young elephant.

COMMENT: Stories like this come up often here in the LOS. In fact, Long Gun will often use the 'well a baby elephant was blocking my way' excuse when he shows up home plastered at 0500. His wife, a true elephant-lover, trusts him explicitly.

Absolutely brilliant post. I could never use that as i live in the UK and the only elephants are tyhe ones coming out of the nightclubs in the early hours. As you ppl keep telling me "Only in Thailand"

mitch laugh.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by Sarisin:

COMMENT: Stories like this come up often here in the LOS. In fact, Long Gun will often use the 'well a baby elephant was blocking my way' excuse when he shows up home plastered at 0500. His wife, a true elephant-lover, trusts him explicitly.

She obviously knows his favourite hangouts are in Cowboy where quite often there will be a Mahmout with his elephant litterally blocking the exit from a bar. The only thing to do is go back and have another beer and hope it's still there when you try to leave again!!

Archived