Any Oil and Gas HR Professionals

Ckrisg

HR? Human Resource?

i thought Human Resource guys can work in any industry as humans are similar in any industry...

Great point! I find it incredibly moronic that companies when they recruit for ANY position always request the applicants have an experience in the same activity. It is relevant for production and, to a lesser extent, marketing functions. But for the rest...

If I were a boss, I'd rather be interested in people from different horizons that could bring new business perspectives. Maybe that's why I'm not a boss.

Cant disagree guys I now work in the Oil and Gas industry but dont have any previous experience in that industry.

I'm handling the position for a oil major (client) and if they specify experience in Oil and Gas well I'm going to go with that.

Cheers

HR? Human Resource?

i thought Human Resource guys can work in any industry as humans are similar in any industry...

Apparently you have not worked in the oil and gas industry. We aren't exactly the most sane and stable people in the world. As such we require a different type of HR to handle our special needs.

Archived