Buy PS3 on ebay?

Redbaron

Hey guys and gals,

The GL has given the green light for me to buy a PS3, but being the tight wad I am, I don't want to buy one until I like the "package deal" it comes with. IE The games/accessories they throw in with it. At the moment, the deals going around are better than they ever have been (value for money - wise) BUT I/we don't like the games they come with.

I have approached the stores and they say they cannot swap the games over for ones I like other than me trading the $110 game for $22 credit (BAD!)

Question is - they only place which seems to have deals I like or consoles on sale cheap enough to make it worth my while compared to the stores down here is Ebay. I have bought a fair amount of crap from Ebay but what is the deal with things like Sony warranties?

If I have problems will Sony honour the warranty?

How easy will it be to get problems fixed/replaced?

If so, do I need to take it to the place the other guy bought it from?

Will the warranty start from when I bought the console, or earlier?

When buying from Ebay, also I have heard some of the consoles are not as good as the ones bought in store.

The consoles I am looking at are described as "New in box" - and do state there is a warranty, just worried about the after sales support I can expect from Sony/retailer.

Any advice? Thanks in advance

Archived