Problem with Nokia 5800

simie

Got a new Nokia 5800 a few weeks ago. Very pleased so far untill a few days ago when I could'nt open the picture gallery anymore. Everything else works fine so not sure what is going on? Anyone got any ideas what the problem could be and/or how to fix it? Not keen to send it back to the provider as a lot of the pics of a rather "delicate" nature :o

Simie.

Umm, no idea on the problem, but you might want to move those pics off to a PC, delete and then get it checked. If it's a software bug that might help. Check for software updates too. Search the web for forum posts?

Got this from a web forum..

"Connect your phone to PC in the "Mass Storage" mode.

Go to the 5800 removable disk drive in "My Computer"

Right click on the removable disk drive and go to --> properties --> Tools --> Error Checking

Click check now !!!

This should fix your problem !!!!"

Don't know if it'll help, but you should be able to move your photos off using it as a storage device.

Faustian's idea is a good one.

I assume that all your photos are saved to the memory card you've got in the phone? Or are they saved to the hard memory in the phone?

If they are saved to the memory card, then take the memory card out, and then try a soft, (and if that doesn't work) then hard reset on the phone which you can read about here.

Nokia 5800 Soft and Hard Reset

If you do this, MAKE SURE YOU BACK UP YOUR PHONE'S CONTACTS / CALENDAR etc!!

(Assume that you can use Nokia PC Suite with 5800 or the software the phone came with to do this).

If you don't, obviously, you'll lose all your contacts which wouldn't exactly be convenient.

Thanks for the replies guys. I'll give it a try. I use an Apple so I'll have to install the disc on the wifes PC 1st. All the pics are on the 8G memory card. But I've got music on there as well and the music player opens no problem.

Simie.

Archived