Etihad Flights - £302.00

Hamokhamok

I was looking up possible flights to Bangkok later in the year.

Tried WestEast Travel and came up with a fare of £302.00 return from Belfast City Airport via London to Bangkok out on 1st. Sept and return on 22nd. Sept.

That has to be the best price going.

Same dates from Manchester was quoted as £358 or there abouts.

Does that include taxes and fuel surcharges?

If it does, it's a bargain.

If it doesn't then not so good.

Make sure you check those before booking!!

(Finally compulsory in Australia to advertise travel packages and airfares with all taxes and charges included - about time too!!) :thumbup:

All I can say is that it showed £2.00 as taxes which I didn't believe.

I have again gone in and went one step further in booking this offer and received the following message:

[color:red]Please note: your fare has changed from the original results. This usually happens when exact tax amounts are recalculated. We have quoted the best actual available price on your chosen flights below. This total price has changed by GBP 220.00 .

Price Per Adult: GBP 522.00 Including GBP 222.00 Tax and Fees[/color]

So that solves that issue. Still probably good for some.

Edited: Got more uptodate information.

• 4 weeks later...

Just a follow up on what I stated before.

I ended up getting a flight Dublin / Bangkok return via Abu Dhabi with Etihad for 581.00 Euros which included all taxes etc.

This by the way is 307 Euros cheaper than I paid last year even at a different month.

The 581 was a special offer which has now gone.

air taxes are rising all the time, and G Brown is adding even more on soon if he can ....

UK NEWS

BROWN MOVE WILL PUSH UP AIR FARES

Story Image

PRICE HIKE: Brown hinted that airfares could be more expensive

Saturday June 27,2009

GORDON Brown yesterday sparked fears of new air-fare hikes as he called for a £60billion-a-year international fund to help poor countries fight global warming. Brown move will push up air fares

Britain would pay its ‘“fair shareâ€Â, the Prime Minister vowed, and he said the money could come from taxes based on aviation carbon emissions or by including the air-travel industry in schemes for carbon emission quotas. Labour doubled air passenger tax in 2007.

Chelseafan, thats not actually correct. If you look at the small print it will say tax and "other charges". Most of that £160 is other charges made by the airline e.g. fuel surcharge or charges from the likes of BAA. Government departure tax in economy class from the UK is £40.

Simie.

Going back to my flight

€ 395.00 is the fare and (approx £ 336.00)

€ 186.36 is shown as TAX. (approx £ 158.60)

So in Sterling £ this would be approx 494.60.

Which is very good to me.

Archived