Romantic Phrases in Thai

Teaching thai to thai, great idea ..., well,Snakehead returned me back to earth.

Ok, I am wrong , but I did ask about "tuk khyyn kam" from thai person, probably i missunderstood.Anyway its better that I learn , not teach.

One very tricky thing is writing thai words in english, 10 ways to write and twenty ways to read.

Nattawud, what means tsau tsu ?

Then this: "I want to go and see for myself (ja bai do eng)",

"ja" is used instead of "phom" , why and when ??

nice thread nattawud , I used to love your page , then I found this 1 and became corrupt!! I still re visit you now & then & am glad that things seem to be going well for you................take care!!

'Then this: "I want to go and see for myself (ja bai do eng)",

"ja" is used instead of "phom" , why and when ?? '

Sorry Nattawud, maybe you're busy with your website. I take the liberty to answer this one.

Ja = will. It doesn't mean Phom in this case. Not every first word in Thai sentence is a subject. Often times the subject is left understood.

so 'ja bai do eng' = will see for myself.

Nat, I've often recommended your site to others interested in learning Thai. You've put a lot of work into it. Best such site I know of. CHAIYO!

p.s. Are you still a student or an archan??? If you're a student, they should hire you now!

Thanks flashermac, i appreciate you taking the time to write those kind words and telling people about my LearningThai web site. It is hard work sometimes but with people like you supporting me it helps me aim higher. We have lots of new things planned and I am sure the site will be double in size by the end of this year.

Yes, i am still a student but I was thrown out of school last year and will have to repeat at a new school in May. (The reason is not a secret but to find out you have to dig in my ThailandLife web site!). For the past seven months i have been working as part-time web designer, photographer, businessman, teacher and newspaper columnist.

Thanks again.

Archived