Hookah's Everywhere!

youngfarang

My recent visit to Pattaya brought me to soi 7. I didn't venture far from this place because it had everything! I went to Walking Street once while in Patters and I stayed for ten days!!!

While on soi 7, I kept on seeing people (farang and bargirls) smoking out of hookahs. I thought why not try one because I have never done so before. So I told one of the ladies at the bar where I was at and within 5 minutes I was sharing a hookah with 5 bargirls. They all enjoyed it as much as I did. It lasted for a good half hour and then it was finished. I was hooked from then on, having two to three of them per day. At 200 baht, and sometimes 150 baht, it was an inexpensive way for me to relax.

Now my question is, when did these hookahs start appearing and if anyone can find out for me the brand of the tobacco they put in these hookahs. I have recently smoked out of one of my friend's here in the states and it does not quite taste the same. I presume it is the company that makes the tobacco because it was the same flavor I tried in Patters. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Archived