CAT internet card

limbo

Heard from afriend that he bought an internet card for 6K from CAT (for 11K available with a USB jacket) and pays 650THB per month for unlimited internet.

Any experience with these? They work (supposedly) all over the country and have a good download speed.

Any info on download speed and alternatives (ideally better ones than CAT) or other stuff to consider like if it works with heavy overcast and/or rain is appreciated.

My current TT&T landline is having serious problems and I'm not happy right now.

I bought a CAT CDMA EDVO USB modem for 8250B. Monthly rates after that are 790B/month unlimited. There is no card in mine, the account is tied to the modem. Speeds upto 3.1mbs are advertised but typically 1mbs is average and it seldom cuts out - touch wood. Depends on your distance from cell tower and Bangkok central region and eastern seaboard isn't covered where you need to use an equally priced Hutch type of which I have no experience. The CAT modem is had from any CAT office and they tell you about coverage before you buy. It is a real pain in the arse that Thailand has two CDMA systems instead of one. TIT!

Archived