Renewal - Visa O marriage

My one-year visa is going to expire in September and wish to obtain a one-year renewal..

Could not find it at Thai immigration website nor Thai visa but who knows either what is required for this renewal or a website dealing (a simple list) with this topic?

I already know one wishes to apply within 30 days of expiration...

CB

I assume you are asking about applying for another extension to stay and not actually a new visa.

Here is the translated text from the latest Police Order (777/2551)

2.18 In the case of a family member of a Thai (applicable only to parents, spouse, child, adopted child or child of his/her spouse):

Permission will be granted for a period of not more than 1 year at a time.

(1) The alien has obtained a temporary visa (NON-IM)

(2) Proof of family relationship

(3) In the case of a spouse, the marital relationship shall be de jure (legitimate) and de facto;

(4) In the case of a child, adopted child or child of his/her spouse, the said person must not be married, must be living with the family, and must be less than 20 years of age; or

(5) In the case of a parent, one of parents must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit of not less than 400,000 baht for expenses within a year.

In other necessary circumstances, The Immigration Commissioner or Deputy of Immigration Commissioner may approve on case to case basis.

(6) In case of marriage with a Thai lady, the husband who is an alien must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit in a local Thai bank of not less than 400,000 baht for the past 2 months for expenses within a year.

Sounds to me all you need is your marriage certificate and proof of income of 40k a month or 400k in bank for 2 months.

You might want to check with whatever Immigration Office you plan on applying at. Keep in mind that you now have to apply at the office in the area you live.

TH

The last time that I checked, about 18 months ago, you couldn't apply for a marriage visa at the C.M. immigration office near the airport. You had to go to Bangkok for this service. That is why I kept my retirement visa for 3 years, even though I qualified for a marriage visa. I have no idea if you can get an extention of the M.V. at the C.M. immigration office or if that recent change of rules which now requires one to go their "home" immigration office means both the visa or extention of a M.V. can be handled at C.M. immigration now. But I think I would check before the one year period is up.

Only 2 months in the bank? I thought it was 3 months - same same retirement. I'd keep it there for 3 months just in case. Immigration is always changing the rules, without bothering to tell you until you get there.

p.s. No idea about renewing in CM these days. Still, renewal should be far less trouble then getting the visa the first time.

Only 2 months in the bank? I thought it was 3 months - same same retirement. I'd keep it there for 3 months just in case. Immigration is always changing the rules, without bothering to tell you until you get there.

p.s. No idea about renewing in CM these days. Still, renewal should be far less trouble then getting the visa the first time.

not same as retirement, it is 2 month.

yes for extension based on marriage to thai wife (non o) the new requirements now again allow 400k in thai bank account as proof of income support.

However it HAS to be sole personal account & the balance has to have 400k at least at the application day as well as 2month before (not neccessarily all the time in between) ;)

based on recent suan plu 'central region' office enforcement...

cheers!

yes your milage may differ, but I actually had the initial deposit of 400k several days short of 60 days, but they didn't seem to mind too much about that.

what they did insist though was that the balance at application day needed to be topped up above 400k so I had to go and deposit a few k as it had dropped just below few days prior :banghead:

must feel great to have 'such power' or 'enforce the rules' LOL :rolleyes:

Archived