Swiss Park Hotel

Hamokhamok

Anyone with up to date information on this hotel.

Which are the better rooms?

I'm thinking of staying there in August.

Has the renovations finished ?

Noise levels ?

Guest friendly - still ?

Tims site has a good deal going at the moment so any information available which could sway me towards staying there would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Anyone with up to date information on this hotel.

Which are the better rooms?

I'm thinking of staying there in August.

Has the renovations finished ?

Noise levels ?

Guest friendly - still ?

Tims site has a good deal going at the moment so any information available which could sway me towards staying there would be appreciated.

Thanks.

renovation not finnished, noisy at daytime.

no free newspapers anymore. :thumbdown:

Just stayed here this week, only one night, room 1706 superior, 17th floor, marble floor, smallish but adequate room, in room safe, no complaints whatsoever, small swimming pool.

Room did not look refurbished yet, but all OK, arrived 11 am, showered, went for a walk, found added towel on my return, fruit plate later at night, small but nice attentions you don't get much nowadays. My pick for the night had to leave her ID. For once was not asked credit card or guarantee for key/mini bar.

Buffet breakfast was adequate, not top quality but all available (eggs to your taste prepared by lady, bacon, sausages, pan cakes, Thai food, corn flake bar etc) Manager always around and employees filling shelves. Found staff to be attentive.

At 1170B excellent deal, left 9am, did not hear any noise, excellent location 100m from BTS Nana and close to SC and NEP, noticed newspaper under door other room, probably "executive" at 1620B?

Might decide to come back late sept in the next hours :_party:

P.S. Found remark claiming renovation from 25 July to 30 November, who claims the place is NOISY??????

Renovation not started yet :tophat:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just a small report on my nine day stay in the Swiss Park Hotel which ended last Thursday.

Booking - double bed - book a double if you intend having a 'guest' to help with your sleeping problems. (On my last day I saw a guest having a problem with his room - apparently not arranged properly as his 'guest' was stopped. I think he ended up paying for the privilage.)

Checking In - they photocopy your passport photo and details. No big deal.

Room - on floor 10. Towels saw better days but otherwise the room was fine. Cleaned everyday i.e. new sheets etc.

Breakfast - free - voucher for 2 people - buffet style - good selection of both european and thai (for your friend) help yourself. Open from 05:45 hours until 10:00 hours. That can be useful for some who have early flights.

Booked through Tim (thanks) - as usual no problems from start to finish. Room Rate 1160 per night.

Guests - no problems - ID taken and retained until the guest departs.

Internet - bit of a problem in that its not available in your room but is available in the lobby. However, there appears to be other Swiss Park ones available around the building but they are locked and not available to the guests.

Other food - not available in the hotel. However,the new Business Inn Hotel which is on Soi 11 (but you can get into it from Soi 11/1 i.e. the same Soi as the Swiss Park, has good food in its Coffee Shop and is within 50 metres of the Swiss Park and is I think is open 24 hours. Has a good selection too.

Staff - nice to deal with.

Luggage - you can leave your luggage there.

Having a short trip away and returning a few days later - if you plan on leaving and coming back a few days later make sure you have your arrangements for a room upon your return well and truly sorted. While there one group got badly stung when they returned and found the room they booked was gone and they had to search around to get a room.

Late Check Out - normally 12 noon - I asked on my last day about a late check out and I got an additional 2 hours i.e. check out 2 pm.

Normally in most hotel they have a folder with all the necessary information about the hotel etc but for some strange reason the room I was in didn't have such information - the folder was there but nothing in it. I asked but they didn't appear to understand what I was looking for.

During my stay we had some very bad weather i.e. thunder and lightening and of course the usual terrible rain to go with it. On Sunday night the power went at about 21:45 and affected Soi 3 to Soi 20 which included all the hotel and shops. It was gone for about 2 hours. Emergency lighting in the lobby and on each floor but no lights in the bed rooms.

Hope this information helps anyone who may be deciding to stay in this Hotel.

Archived