Anonymous Social Networking

gawguy

Yeah. I accepted a friend's invitation to join facebook but quickly closed my page when I realized how many girls I've dated had their own pages and could find me and then each other. Also, I started getting requests to be "friends" from people I lost contact with long ago for good reasons. On the plus side, I realize many of the people at work have facebook and leave their pages wide open to the world. I learned a lot about my coworkers' private lives. Confirmed what I long suspected about a couple of them. ;)

social networking is the main driver of internet & wireless/mobile usage now & future.

in this region facebook & hi5 are top of the list.

one can make them what one wishes.

register/edit your name to be your real name & one can connect/network with real & wannabe friends whatever.

I think default settings are noone except 'accepted friends' can view personal data, but for sure that setting are available. Thus none 'friends' such as noozy recruiters will NOT be able to look up anything on you.

I believe the only 'mandatory' info to put up is a first& last name where the last name can be made 'invisible' to non friends or maybe even all users if desired...

Sure for people not born in the internet age social networking may sound 'scary', but really isn't. Not more than other crimes such as personality theft whatever that of course does happen for people leaving themselves vulnerable either knowingly or unknowingly :rolleyes:

as to 'anonymous' networking why not?

register (a 2nd, 3rd nth) facebook profile such as 'the pope' whatever one can network with whoever ones want no eyebrows lifted especially not from facebook, hi5 etc. How are they even supposed to start verifying any 'real identities' whatever? LOL 5555+.

Yeah right & noone ever walked on the moon coz it's made of cheese :beer:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived