Suicide attempt on the BTS

Faustian

Sad tale. Seem to be so many lately...maybe I'm just getting old. Young lady. Hope she pulls through.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/30111669/Woman-severely-injured-after-jumping-from-platform

Woman severely injured after jumping from platform of sky train's Wong Wien Yai station

A woman was severely injured after jumped from the platform of the Wong Wien Yai station of the BTS electric train at noon Monday.

The woman, Wanna Saelim, 27, suffered head injuries and broken limps. She was rushed to the Taksin Hospital and later forwarded to the Navy Hospital.

The woman, who was still conscious, told rescuers she felt depressed and wanted to commit suicide.

Police said a footage of a security camera of the station showed the woman walking around before climbing up the station's railing and jumping down.

The Nation

Assumption University has had several female students jump out of a window in their tallest building. I heard that a UTCC student committed suicide recently during the midterm exams. Long ago when I was a volunteer a uni student tried to do herself in with sleeping pills in a dorm. (They saved her in time.) It is usually Thai women who attempt to do themselves in, almost always because their dipshit boyfriend has dumped them (as if there was a shortage of men in Thailand).

Both Harvard and MIT have the problem of high student suicide rates. A lot of students who are used to being the smartest kid in their school suddenly find themselves competing against a whole university full of number ones and cant handle being in the middle of the pack.

There are so many suicides by rail in New York that the Metro has mandatory councilling program for all engineers, preparing them in advance for the inevitable.

Archived