Tourists trouble in Thailand

pe7e

I'm suprised non of the UK contingent has mentioned this program screened on sky TV's Bravo channel

BRAVO (10pm Mondays)

"Hard-hitting new series following the drama of British tourists who fall foul of Thai law and customs and the people who police them. Sailors on shore leave in Phuket fall victim to scams and a young British woman is arrested for cannabis possession."

It's a 'fly on the wall' documentary following the tourist police around the resorts, and their dealings with UK holidaymakers. Facinating stuff, and well worth watching if you are able.

Yes, it won't do tourist numbers any good at all, I was suprised how hard hitting it was. At one point the British consul 'virtually' told (he chose is words carefully) the young girl arrested for cannibis possesion, bribing the BIB was her only chance of not getting locked up. Another clip featured a UK marine being held to ransom at gun point for payment of £800 in a 'Jet Ski damaged' scam on Phuket. TAT aren't going to like that much.

Guest lazyphil

oh goody. i'll be getting lectures from work mates etc, (you know arm chair experts) who watch this telling me why i shouldn't be taking my daughter back to thailand for a holiday. swell.

Yes the baldy guy is a Brit called Howard Miller, I think he owns, or works for Pattaya One news. Actually, he came out as quite a decent sort of chap, a big improvement to my previous opinion I had of the farang police voulenteers.

Archived