JJ in new Phuket jet-ski dispute

Faustian

Once upon a time, sailors and Marines could go wild and trash a town. In the new PC armed forces, even getting slightly into trouble can have your shore leaves banned and you sit on board as your mates go out and have fun. It is disgusting. :(

By today's rules, my cousin would have been in the brig many times in the late 1950s. :)

p.s. I saw the RAN on shore leave in the 1980s. All the matelots did was get drunk and punch up each other. :dunno:

From other forums I understand that somewhere in the myriad of videos on this he acknowledges he was given direct order prior to going out not to rent a jet ski in order to avoid situations just like this. Suspect when they get back he will get an Article 15 for this. I actually thought he did the “I’m really sorry†wai pretty good. Hands weren’t perfect, but the body and head position was very good.

I loved the sergeant waving him over a couple of time and then waving him back to his “timeout cornerâ€Â. He and what appears to be an [junior] officer were actually having a pretty good time. I do wonder if they are actually Marines, the discipline seemed a bit strict for the Army.

TH

Once upon a time, sailors and Marines could go wild and trash a town.

And if anything, Marine discipline is stricter than the Army. An Article 15 these days really effs you up.

Are you saying the military should be exempted from the need for civilised behaviour when on shore leave? :confused:

Archived