NEP

phiketpete

Is it me or are the crowds returning.

I was in a few of the NEP bars last night-- Angelwitch, G-Spot,

Hollywood and found them all to be doing good business. I thought perhaps it had something to do with 'showing' bringing the boys back but it was the same in Busstop down the soi where they certainly do not show. For me it was the most crowded i have seen it in many a visit.

There have been posts to indicate that the 'tourists' are returning to Phuket. It may be a more generalised situation or could this be a one-off.

Shhhhhh! Don't jinx it. Not like the Good Ole Days, but the last week has been very decent everywhere in Nana. No idea why, but hope it continues.

I keep hearing about Hotels being well-booked and full flights for the next few months. Maybe it's going to be a late busy season this year.

I agree with you phiketpete. I usually just go out Wednesdays now and I have been surprised at the amount of customers in NEP. I see many ladies getting barfined as well.

I did hit NEP the Saturday before last and many of the bars were jammed. I can only imagine what Fridays are like.

It honestly seems like there are more folks in the bars now than were there during the tourist season. And, yes, I think the relaxed restrictions on showing have something to do with that.

Flights from Europe are all heavily booked at the moment as various countries begin their build up to the Easter holidays. This might account for some increase in numbers in NEP, but I am sure the main reason is that there is a general feeling that things are beginning to return to what they were.

Certainly bookings for hotels and flights are good over the next month or so, looks like a mini high season for Easter and Songkran, before the usual end of April collapse. A resurgence in June for the World Cup is predicted.

Archived