Red Shirt UDD Mass Protests - again

Mentors

...well, it looks like the Red Shirts have decided to cancel the proteste.

I'm here and outside my balcony on Soi 7, Pattaya, 05/12/09, there is tremendous fireworks -- likes of which I've never seen before -- in celebration of the King's Birthday -- Long live the King!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm getting sick of sitting in taxis with that damned LOVE THAKSIN radio station turned on. All the damn station does is broadcast pro-Thaksin propaganda against Abhisit's "terrorist government" and how the people's choice cannot even "come home". (Like hell he can't come home - he just doesn't want to go to jail.) It makes me think of Big Brother in "1984" No wonder the red shirts are stirred up all the time. They are fed a steady diet of crap! :(

Thai protesters revive mission to unseat PM

BANGKOK, Thailand  Protesters in Thailand revived a mission to unseat Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva, saying a one-day rally Thursday was a warm-up for bigger events in the coming weeks aimed at toppling the government.

Thousands of protesters supporting fugitive ex-leader Thaksin Shinawatra rallied at Bangkok's Democracy Monument to demand Abhisit's resignation and call for fresh elections. At its peak, the crowd swelled to more than 20,000, police said.

Thaksin spoke to the crowd via video link from exile. Dressed in a suit and tie, he did not say where he was speaking from. :snowcool:

"Return democracy, justice and prosperity to the people," Thaksin said to raucous applause, adding that until new elections are called "we will continue our peaceful protest."

He then led a candle-lighting ceremony in honor of King Bhumibol Adulyadej, who celebrated his 82nd birthday Saturday.

"Long live the king!" the crowd chanted.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5g3j-vAVG1fg3kEfnogTiH8_4EXvwD9CGFMJO2

Archived