Nightlife Update Needed

Savittre

Hi Guys,

I haven't been around LOS much since 2002. At that time I knew the score pretty well, having read everything Stickman had to say about Thai nightlife. And I was there for a good few months.

I'm planning to return in the near future. What I really need is the updated version of what's up with nightlife these days. I'm sure some things have changed. I want to be as knowledgeable now as I was back then.

I like the a-go-go bars and the freelancers.I'll be checking out nightlife in BKK, Pattaya, and Patong beach.

I've heard that tourism in Thailand is down because of civil strife, H1N1, and the economic downturn. Is that right, expats?

Thanks for reading!

First thing you'll notice is that the convenient Stickman guide to nightlife you read doesn't exist in that form anymore. Instead its been divided up and spread out over lots of forums and websites -- the only solution is to do a lot of reading. Prices much higher than they were then. Clinton Plaza is gone. Nana disco is gone (for the time being). There's some new places, scattered around that have taken its place in a way (not quite the same). Soi Cowboy has developed hugely since those days, is now a premier spot (if not the) to hit these days. And Thermae is now dominated by Japanese customers rather than westerners.

Archived