Formula 1 - Season 2010

Mentors

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FIA publish revised 2010 entry list

The official entry list for the 2010 FIA Formula One World Championship was republished by the FIA on Wednesday evening. Following weeks of speculation the sport’s governing body has confirmed the North Carolina-based US team will not compete, which means 12 teams will line up on the grid at next week’s season-opener in Bahrain.

A subsequent statement released by the FIA said: “The US team have indicated that they will not be in a position to participate in the 2010 FIA Formula One World Championship. Having considered the various options, the FIA confirms that it is not possible for a replacement team to be entered for the championship at this late stage.

“In the coming days the FIA will announce details of a new selection process to identify candidates to fill any vacancies existing at the start of the 2011 season.â€Â

Other points to note are that Campos have changed their name to HRT following last month’s acquisition by Spanish businessman - and existing shareholder - Jose Ramon Carabante. The team are yet to reveal who will be team mate to already announced driver Bruno Senna.

The entry list also confirmed BMW Sauber’s place on the 2010 grid, with drivers Pedro de la Rosa and Kamui Kobayashi set to take up driver numbers 22 and 23.

The full entry list of constructors and drivers as published by the FIA is as follows:

[color:blue]McLaren Mercedes[/color]

1 Jenson Button (GB)

2 Lewis Hamilton (GB)

[color:blue]Mercedes Benz GP Limited[/color]

3 Michael Schumacher (D)

4 Nico Rosberg (D)

[color:blue]Red Bull Racing Renault[/color]

5 Sebastian Vettel (D)

6 Mark Webber (AUS)

[color:blue]Ferrari[/color]

7 Felipe Massa (BR)

8 Fernando Alonso (E)

[color:blue]Williams Cosworth[/color]

9 Rubens Barrichello (BR)

10 Nico Hulkenberg (D)

[color:blue]Renault[/color]

11 Robert Kubica (PL)

12 Vitaly Petrov (RUS)

[color:blue]Force India Mercedes[/color]

14 Adrian Sutil (D)

15 Vitantonio Liuzzi (I)

[color:blue]STR Ferrari[/color]

16 Sebastien Buemi (CH)

17 Jaime Alguersuari (E)

[color:blue]Lotus Cosworth[/color]

18 Jarno Trulli (I)

19 Heikki Kovalainen (FIN)

[color:blue]HRT Cosworth[/color]

20 TBA

21 Bruno Senna (BR)

[color:blue]BMW Sauber Ferrari[/color]

22 Pedro de la Rosa (E)

23 Kamui Kobayashi (J)

[color:blue]Virgin Cosworth[/color]

24 Timo Glock (D)

25 Lucas di Grassi (BR)

Rule changes for this year - what are your feelings?

a. No refueling - personally I don't understand this one at all. What is the point? There will still be tire changes, so why increase the fuel load from 60 liters to 250 liters per car? Isn't that going to make it less safe during any crash?

Already the timing for a pit stop was about 8-10 seconds, and the fueling was the time limiting factor, so now pit stops (stationary time) will be about 5 seconds for everyone, so what really is the point of this?

b. Points - no opinion on this - doesn't really change much to me if the winner gets 10 / 20 or 25 points. Surely someone will go back years and years and show that the champion would have been different in one or more year if they used this point system compared to the old one.

c. Tires (tyres) - not quite sure the specifics, something about narrower front tires, and limit the number to use each race. Anything else?

d. KERS - again I don't think this is a good idea to remove the system - let the teams have some area where they can use their initiative to increase their competitiveness.

e. 19 races - up from 17 last year - this is good for me also.

Cheers!

The huge number of points for the winner means that the title could be won fairly early in the season. Think what would have happened last season, when Button won so many races in a row. :hmmm:

The no refueling rule is bizarre. Wasn't it done that way years ago? And the purpose is ... :dunno:

I remember a couple of races where one or two drivers chose not to refuel, or stop at all (from memory one was a Tyrrel driver, and it absolutely poured with rain.. not stopping at all made him finish in the points). Soon after they made it compulsory for all to stop.

Archived