Bizarre ... I wrote this, but the link is not to me!

Flashermac

The start of a series I did about 8 or 9 years ago. Someone else has the linked domain name and may have thought of pretending to be "me". :hmmm:

http://www.amazines.com/article_detail.cfm/69424?articleid=69424

The thing one finds when one googles. :dunno:

p.s. Hope I can recover the entire series again. My copy got eaten in an HD crash years ago. :(

...p.s. Hope I can recover the entire series again. My copy got eaten in an HD crash years ago. :(

You might scour the 'Internet Wayback Machine', which archives the Net, and you may be able to retrieve your original series:

http://www.archive.org/web/web.php

Good luck...I, too, have lost things I wanted to keep...having hit the wrong button when re-formatting... Duh!

Hmmm ... going through the site that it's linked to and finding just cut and paste from other sites - only one from me. Got Joe Cummings and Sam Worthington etc. Bizarre site that simply pilfered without permission.

Hopefully, I can find more of the columns in my old sent email. I put a fair amount of work into them. :(

I don't mind that. I'm just trying to recover them. Around 20 years ago, when I was an editor, I wrote a pretty complete dining out guide for my magazine. I called the restaurants myself and asked what the damage would be for dinner for two with booze and without, had 6 or more pages of it in 11 point type in my food section. Must have spent a week doing it. Later, I saw the entire section simply cut and pasted into other magazines! Oh, well ... I suppose they thought it was good. :dunno:

Right now I'm going through the Nanapong back files trying to find my interview there. Meanwhile, he's one with Dean Barrett. :)

Link

Archived